Research & development
Based in Bordeaux, SARCO is a research subsidiary of the Laffort Group.
SARCO works closely with the most renowned research centres in the world: the Institute of Wine and Vines in Bordeaux (ISVV), the Paul Sabatier University (Toulouse), the Australian Wine Research Institute (AWRI), the University of Stellenbosh (South Africa), the University of Udine (Italy), SupAgro/INRA in Montpellier, etc. as well as with renowned properties, large wineries, and several companies involved in the wine industry.
Some examples of our Research & Development projects:
- The characterization of different “terroirs”
- The improvement of wine aromatic typicity
- The impact of different techniques and/or winemaking products on wine quality
- The improvement of fermentation management
- The improvement of ageing techniques
- Microbiological audits
- Stability audits before bottling
- Wood: aromatic characterization of different toasting/wood origins, benchmark
- Corks: benchmark, impact on aroma preservation
Our laboratory is approved by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.