Genetic Characterization of Microorganisms
Quality control of the implantation of commercial starter cultures is an essential step in comparative trials where the result is linked to the fermentation progress. It is of course compulsory for all commercial starter tests.
This analysis also allows winemakers to validate their yeast process and/or bacteria inoculation.
|Active Dry Yeast (ADY)||Malolactic starter|
|Volume||125 mL||125 mL||125 mL|
|Analysis duration||3 days||7 days||15 days|
Studies of indigenous microflora, from grapes to bottled wines
With our team of specialists and the latest relevant tools in microbiology, our laboratory is able to offer you comprehensive expertise to identify and count micro-organisms, from the grape to the bottled wine
|Specific detection of spoilage microorganisms by PCR||
Brettanomyces bruxellensis (quantification)
Lactic acid bacteria strains that produce biogenic amines (quantification)
Lactic acid bacteria strains with ropy characteristics (detection)
|Specific detection of microorganisms by PCR||Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Some examples of our expertise
- Ecological study of cellar microflora
- Ecological study of grape and wine microflora
- Monitoring of microflora during winemaking and ageing: genetic identification & counting
- Genetic identification and counting of spoilage microorganisms
- DNA fingerprinting of commercial strains (ADY & malolactic starter cultures)
For all other projects, please contact us.